Organized by the American Humor Studies Association Chair: Janice McIntire-Strasburg, St. Louis University
1. “This Time for Sure”: Rocky and Bullwinkle and the Limits of Genre, John Bird, Winthrop University
2. The Tom Lehrer Legacy,” Joe Alvarez, Charlotte, NC.
3. Richard Wilbur at Ninety: The Heresies of Literary Wit, Bruce Michelson, University of Illinois.
Satire and Reflexivity
Organized by the American Humor Studies Association
Chair: Bruce Michelson, University of Illinois
1. Humor as Truth in Everything is Illuminated and A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius,” Victoria M. Bryan, University of Mississippi
2. The Roman Catholic Priest as Contemporary Satiric Target, Laurie Britt-Smith, Univesity of Detroit Mercy
3. Postmodernity, Humor, and Horror: Genre Bending in the Scream Trilogy, Janice McIntire- Strasburg, Saint Louis University